Northwestern Medicine Research Analytics Project Funding 2021-2022
NMEDW EDW Research Analytics Project Funding for Investigators Outside the Feinberg School of Medicine
The Northwestern Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse (NMEDW) Research Analytics Funding Program is an initiative to help researchers outside of the Feinberg School of Medicine who require research funding in FY 22.
The goal of the Northwestern Medicine EDW Non-FSM Investigator Analytics Program is to provide research analytics funding for clinical staff who do not otherwise have Feinberg appointments or funding (if you are seeking PDP funding, please proceed to that competition). This initial approval provides funding for an EDW analyst to complete data analytics for a defined IRB-approved protocol. Subsequent EDW work should be funded either by a clinical department or external grant funding.
· Eligibility is limited to Health Systems Clinicians, Pharmacists, Nurses, and other clinical investigators.
· This program may not supplement or expand projects that are already funded.
The following things should be considered by the investigator when submitting:
- The scope of the data being requested should be limited or targeted so that the number of analyst hours falls within a reasonable range.
- An average NMEDW data request takes eight to 12 hours of analyst time. Though we will consider exceptions, expect any awards to fall somewhere within this range.
- The turnaround time for submissions is subject to the availability of analyst time. Requests will be considered in the order in which they are received. Please consider this and allow adequate lead time before any deadlines.
Within 10 business days, you can expect to hear from a representative of the NMEDW team confirming receipt of your submission and following up with any further questions. You will be notified via email once a decision has been made. If your project has been selected, you will meet with an NMEDW analyst to scope the data requirements and determine the actual number of analyst hours awarded. The analyst will then provide a service agreement, describing the requirements you’ve agreed upon, for you to sign.
For more information, contact Abby Cosentino-Boehm.